Please read this document carefully. It contains important information about your rights and obligations and limitations and exclusions that apply.
ONroute provides wireless Internet access (the “Services“) for adult guests (“You“) who agree to comply with these terms and conditions of use (“Terms“).For the purposes of these Terms, “ONroute”, “we”, “us” or “our” means HK Travel Centres L.P.
By clicking “I accept” below or otherwise accessing the Services, you represent that: (a) You have read, understand and agree to be bound by these Terms; (b) consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as described herein; and (c) are 18 years of age or older.
The Service is a complimentary service provided solely for your convenience during your visit to ONroute travel centres, subject to your acceptance of these Terms.
You acknowledge and accept that (i) the Services provide unencrypted access to the internet; (ii) you are solely responsible for the security of your device and any transmissions you make or receive; and (iii) you understand the risks of unencrypted access to the internet and will take any and all necessary security precautions, including but not limited to encrypting confidential transmissions, backing up any data, and protecting your device with a firewall and robust user authentication. You do not have an expectation of privacy or confidentiality when using the Services.
You are responsible for appropriate use of the Services and for your actions when connected to the Internet. You must comply with all existing laws (federal and provincial), including not only those laws and regulations that are specific to computers and networks, but also those that may apply generally to personal conduct.
ONroute may remove, block, filter, or restrict by any other means the transmission of any material or use of the Services if ONroute determines, in its sole discretion, that such transmission or use may be unlawful. ONroute will cooperate with legal authorities and/or third parties in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrong.
The following acts constitute violations of these Terms.
- Unlawful use. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting or otherwise) whose transmission violates any federal, provincial or local law, statute, regulation, rule or ordinance including but not limited to those dealing with privacy, libel, slander, defamation of character, obscenity, and intellectual property (including copyright, trademark, patent or trade secret).
- Harm to minors. Using the Services to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way.
- Threats. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
- Fraudulent activity. Using the Services to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services or to advance any type of financial scam such as “pyramid schemes,” “Ponzi schemes,” unregistered sales of securities, or securities fraud.
- Forgery or impersonation. Adding, removing or modifying identifying network, message, or article header information in an effort to deceive or mislead; attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information.
- Unsolicited commercial email/ Unsolicited bulk email. Using the Services to transmit any unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email; engaging in any other activities that have the effect of facilitating unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email, whether or not that email is commercial in nature; Using deliberately misleading headers in emails sent to multiple parties.
- Unauthorized access. Using the Services to access, or to attempt to access without authority, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of ONroute or another entity’s computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in disruption of service or the corruption or loss of data.
- Collection of personal information. Using the Services to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- Reselling the Services. Reselling the Services without ONroute’s authorization.
- Network disruptions and unfriendly activity. Using the Services for any activity that adversely affects the ability of other people or systems to use either the Services or other parties’ Internet-based resources, including without limitation excessive consumption of network or system resources (such excessive consumption to be determined in ONroute’s sole discretion), “denial of service” attacks against another network host or individual user, or any other interference with or disruption of other network users, network services or network equipment.
ONroute may also, in its discretion, monitor the usage, bandwidth, transmissions and content of the Service periodically to: (1) comply with any necessary laws, regulations or other governmental requests; or (2) operate the Service properly or to protect itself, its network and its users. ONroute reserves the right to modify, reject or eliminate any information residing on or transmitted to its server that it, in its sole discretion, believes is unacceptable or in violation of these Terms.
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. ACCESS TO THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS-IS”, “AS AVAILABLE”, AND “WHERE-IS,” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS, LEGAL OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, SATISFACTORY QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ONROUTE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, UNFORESEEN, OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES, COSTS OF REPLACEMENT GOODS OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO DATA ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR ACCESS (OR NON-ACCESS) TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE, EVEN IF ONROUTE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER OR DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY MATERIAL.
Any failure of ONroute to enforce these Terms, for whatever reason, shall not be construed as a waiver of any right to do so at any time. You agree that if any portion of these Terms is held invalid or unenforceable, the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect.
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without regard to the principles of conflict of law. These Terms are effective as of the Effective Date above. ONroute reserves the right to make changes to these Terms at any time, and such changes will be effective immediately upon being posted. Each time you use the Service, you should review the current Terms. Your continued use of the Service will indicate your acceptance of the current Terms.
EFFECTIVE DATE: MARCH 3, 2020