ONroute has confirmed additional cases of COVID-19 among Tim Hortons staff at our King City plaza. After seeking guidance from York Regional Health and out of extreme precaution, the Tim Hortons at King City is open for drive thru only at this time. The rest of the plaza remains fully operational at this time.
All employees who have tested positive have not been at work since Thursday November 12th. The plaza was closed for a thorough sanitization and cleaning by a third-party provider on Saturday, November 14th. We are advising all King City employees to get tested for the virus and have advised any employees who have potentially been exposed to self-isolate at home.
ONroute is considered an essential business in accordance with the Government of Ontario’s list of designated essential workplaces released on March 23, 2020. As such, our other 22 travel plazas REMAIN OPEN to provide 24/7 access to washrooms, fuel and food/beverage via take-out, grab and go, and drive-through services.
We also continue with our numerous precautionary measures to limit the spread of COVID-19 in each of our travel plazas, which include:
• Enhanced existing cleaning and sanitation measures
• Increased frequency of our cleaning and disinfecting routines
• Re-trained and continually re-emphasizing proper hand-washing protocols with our team members
• Encouraging contactless transactions via credit and debit where possible
• Installed plexi-glass shields at our point-of-sale systems
• Providing gloves for employee use in serving customers
• Providing masks for employee use
• Increased signage to ensure appropriate social distancing for the public in our plazas
• Implemented new queue protocols to increase distance from counter staff
• Temporarily removed our children’s play areas
• Replaced all plastic trays with only take-out bags
• Moved all cream/sugar stations behind the counter
We continue to advise all employees who feel unwell to stay home and require those who have traveled recently to self-isolate at home for 14 days following their return to Canada, consistent with advice from local and national health authorities. ONroute has also waived any requirement to produce a doctor’s note during this time and we are actively working with our employees to monitor their well-being, support them during time away from work, and assist in managing their return when appropriate to do so.
We also ask all customers who feel unwell to stay home and ask those, including Canadians and permanent residents, who have returned from international travel recently, regardless of location, duration or reason, to self-isolate at home for 14 days before visiting us again. The exception being cross-border truck drivers and other essential service workers who are not required to self-isolate. For those individuals exempted, we continue to ask that you practice “social-distancing” and keep 2 metres (6 feet) apart from others while in our plaza.
ONroute proudly supports the essential services provided by our trucking and supply chain sectors, and supports all those who must travel across Ontario during this time. We take the health and safety of our customers and employees very seriously. We continue to monitor for updates from the Government of Ontario and the World Health Organization and will continue to assess our practices and procedures in light of new recommendations.
We will provide an update on our website and via our social media channels once the King City plaza has been re-opened. Please contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your understanding and for making ONroute a part of your journey.
Chief Executive Officer